The Lifestlye Blog of "HaM"
Yay! I was nominated by Christina over at Operation Home for the Liebster Award! Thanks Christina! This award is for new bloggers like myself and given by other new bloggers. It is a wonderful way to connect and discover new blogs that have great content, but have not yet established a readership! Although it is a bit like a chain letter, I choose to make it a positive thing and go with the flow. There is nothing to lose and why not?
The following are the rules of the Liebster Awards:
– answer the questions you were given
– keep the ball rolling and nominate 11 NEW blogs with 500 followers or less (I have no idea how to know for sure, so I tried to stick to blogs that have only been around a year or less)
– post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
– tag your nominees and be sure to leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated
Here are the questions that Christina asked me:
I published my first post on January 11, 2014. It has been only a couple months of blogging but I enjoy being able to have an outlet to share my creative ideas.
I had a previous blog entitled “My Teacher’s Closet” and it didn’t quite work out since I was not the most fashionable person and I did not have the time to keep up with it. I started this blog as a New Year’s Resolution and it is a lifestyle blog that allows me to post whatever was going on in my life.
I am a multifaceted person so my blog definitely reflects that. I love to write about my DIY projects as well as my OOTD since it’s motivating to dress to impress for work. I am a mom at the same time and I love to travel so this is all reflected in the blog.
I am a high school science teacher by day.
If I could pick any other city to live in, I would love to live in New York. It’s a face paced city with driven people and I feel like I would fit in there. I also love that there is Central Park in the middle because it’s the calm in the middle of chaos just like how my home feels when I get home from work.
My favorite blog is Hip2Save. It’s a couponing blog that allows me to save for my family.
I post to my Facebook so friends and family are aware of it, but I haven’t created a social media page just for my blog.
As a blogger, I am hoping to grow my readership. I also hope to continue to work on DIY projects that lets me use my creative side.
Craigslist (does that count?)
H&M – How can I not love a store with my and my husband’s initials?
Etsy – the best place to shop for custom made and creative items
My blogging inspiration definitely comes from my daily life. Just watching my children grow up and be creative in their own sense makes me want to go back to my roots and be creative as I was when I was younger.
I don’t know what the best thing about me is but I guess a good quality I have is the mindset that there isn’t anything I can’t do as long as I persist.
Now for my nominees of blogs that I found interesting
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What made you decide to start your own blog?
3. What is your favorite subject to write about?
4. Do you have a day job in addition to blogging?
5. If you could pick any other city to live in, where would it be?
6. What’s your favorite blog?
7. Does anyone in your personal life know that you blog?
8. Where do you see your blog in one year?
9. What are your three favorite online shopping websites?
10. From who, what or where does your blogging inspiration come?
11. What is the best thing about you?